Here are a bunch of self promotion pieces. Some of these were completed as student projects and others were just ideas. The portfolio CD was produced using Macromedia Director and sent out instead of a resume. This also includes my very first website ironically designed in a blog format.
This was an entry into the poster competition for the Ruston, Louisiana Peach Festival. I didn’t win, but this was my first semi-professional try at a fully digital illustration. At least I got a decent independent study grade.
A personal illustration piece. I think I used it as extra credit for a grade. It was completed before I moved to Monroe, Louisiana for my payed internship. I was frustrated with the move and this was my outlet.
This was a multimedia project completed for the student art exhibit at Louisiana Tech. This was completed using Director and ran a simple slideshow with music that displayed selected graphic design student work. The purpose of the project was to display the work of students who had taken their design portfolios to the Dallas Society of Visual Communicators portfolio review.
This was a fictional company campaign completed for an interdependent study course. The fictional company was an on call support center specifically to help members of graphic design industry deal with production related problems. The student project was geared toward the creation of the logo and the creation of two digital illustration pieces. I’m still not happy with the final layout choices in the magazine ads.
This was an entry into an poster contest for promoting art scholarships to the Louisiana Tech School of Art. The design called for a pretty complicated two color print that was ruled two expensive. I didn’t win the competition, but pushing the limits of two color print work was very interesting.
Part demented self-portrait and experiment in airbrush illustration while a student at Louisiana Tech. The final execution was rushed and pretty terrible. The great thing was that the concepts used in airbrush illustration have stuck with me, so I’m glad I tried.
Wild Times was a student project to create a logo and print advertising pieces for a fictional eco-tourism company. The logo originated as inked brushstrokes. The final project called for one logo, three black & white newspaper advertisements, and two four color magazine ads.
This was a typography student project. I occasionally examine the original file for this simply because the mathematics of the composition were really good.
Download: Everywhere Typography (AI)