For your convenience my resume is also available for download: Jess Planck resume (pdf).
Nicholls State University is a four year university with an annual enrollment around 7,000 students. I design and maintain http://www.nicholls.edu and related web sites for the Office of Printing & Design Services and guiding committees.
- Design modern accessible web sites for efective communication with prospective students, current students, faculty, staf, and visitors.
- Coordinate with staf, writers, designers, and other content creators.
- Guide student workers and interns on various projects.
- Design, develop, and maintain web based applications and utilities.
- Support individual, department, and organizational web publishing initiatives.
- Administrate user accounts and web sites for faculty, departments, and student organizations.
- Coordinate with other technology departments.
- Administer Linux based servers (previously maintained servers based on Windows NT/2000).
- Create documentation and policy based on administrative guidance.
Xspedius was a regional communications company where I maintained http://www.xspedius.com, related sites, and utilities. I worked in a complex Web environment with servers using IIS on Windows 2000, Apache on Solaris and Apache on RedHat Linux. Websites were developed by a couple of programming teams using Delphi, ASP, Perl, ColdFusion, and PHP programming environments with database systems using MSSQL and MySQL.
- Maintain consistent corporate identity for all websites and customer utilities.
- Design and develop customer utilities.
- Coordinate with Intranet and Internet programming teams to develop website interfaces.
- Maintain and upgrade Web servers based on Solaris, Linux, and Windows NT/2000.
- Assist other teams with issues related to Macintosh, Linux, and Solaris systems.
In my one year appointment as assistant professor I experienced the challenge of passing on my skills in computer graphics, production, web design, and multimedia design. I also acted as a system administrator for the School of Art computer labs and servers.
- Administer MacOS X Server, AppleShare Server, and School of Art Macintosh client computers.
- Testing and installation of Netboot facilities.
- Upgrading, troubleshooting, and testing the School of Art network.
- Instruct classes in Computer Graphics using QuarkXpress and Photoshop.
- Instruct classes in web Design using Macromedia Dreamweaver and other software.
- Instruct classes in Multimedia Design using Macromedia Director and other software.
- Writing documentation and syllabi.
The challenge of bringing this early Internet Service Provider to the region was exciting. A good team highly focused on support, marketing, and sales allowed iAmerica to grow beyond expectations. My diverse skills were put to the test in a variety of projects for this fast paced company.
- Macintosh / Windows Technical Support and Macintosh / Windows Platform support.
- iAmerica Product Development, print, CD Rom, Web site, and software / server development.
- Web site Creative Direction, Project Management, and billing for iAmerica Web site clients.
- Server support and confguration for Windows NT based virtual Web servers.
- Back up support for Windows NT based virtual mail servers.
My frst professional role was in a very active full service studio. We produced works ranging from logo and business marketing to radio, newspaper, and television advertising. Pearson Design also performed duties for various law frms for court presentations and accident recreation.
- Art direction, planning and execution of design projects for print, broadcast, and web delivery.
- 2d and 3d computer animation using FormZ, ElectricImage, and Director.
- Non-linear video editing and production using Avid Media Suite Pro.
- Accident recreation for court presentations using 2D visual aids, 3D and 2D animation, video, and sound.
- Coordinate with expert witnesses and engineers for accurate court presentations.
I have helped many companies and individuals with creative and technical problems since my adolescence. These solutions range from illustration, print and production design to highly interactive Websites and multimedia projects.
As a member of the Armed forces, I operated and maintained M1-A1 tanks and acted as Commanders Driver and unit artist.
I am skilled in various forms of creative media including drawing, airbrushing, oil painting, photography, and computer imaging. My design skills include classic graphic design tasks such as marker comping, typography, and paste-up / mechanical production.
I am profcient managing simultaneous projects, maintaining good client communications, and keeping accurate billing records. I have worked well within creative teams and collaborated with programmers, designers, interns, and other production staff. I have trained users and clients, and I have instructed and graded students in a university setting. As a freelance creative contractor, I have developed systems that I use for invoicing, time tracking, and project management.
I have multiple talents in creative production including Internet Design and Programming, 3D Design and Rendering, nonlinear video editing, Multimedia Design and Programming, CD/DVD/Video Mastering, and other duties using technology as a publishing medium. A long list of production applications and techniques may be available by request.
I have compiled, installed and used several software packages in server environments using Linux, Solaris, and MacOS X. I have had prior experience with IIS, MSSQL server, PERL, PHP, and other software packages in a Windows NT / 2000 environment. I have administered multiple user server systems, and I have good user support skills.
A computer is powerful tool, and I have been fortunate to learn multiple operating systems and applications as both a user and systems administrator. I have experience with Windows and Macintosh operating systems as workstation computers. As a webmaster and systems administrator I have experience with Windows, Mac OS, and Linux(seLinux).