For your convenience my resume is also available for download
Nicholls is a four year university with an annual enrollment of at least 6,000 students. My responsibilities included the public websites nicholls.edu, people.nicholls.edu, and www.nichollsfoundation.org. I was also previously responsible for nichollsalumni.org.
- Design, program, and maintain modern, responsive, and accessible web sites for effective communication with prospective students, current students, faculty, staff, donors, and visitors.
- Coordinate, train, and support staff, writers, designers, and other content creators including contract vendors.
- Guide and evaluate student workers and interns.
- Manage user accounts and web sites for faculty, department, and student projects.
- Maintain and develop websites using content management systems such as WordPress, WordPress Multi-site, and other systems.
- Coordinate with other technical departments to maintain and support virtually hosted systems using VMWare
- Administer Linux(seLinux) based servers for web and database production and development.
- Create documentation and policy based on student, faculty, and administrative needs.
Xspedius was a regional communications company where I maintained xspedius.com, related sites, and utilities. I worked on web environments using IIS on Windows NT/2000, Apache on Solaris and Apache on RedHat Linux. Websites and tools were developed by myself and programming teams using Delphi, ASP, Perl, ColdFusion, and PHP with database systems using MSSQL and MySQL.
- Maintain corporate branding identity for all websites and customer utilities.
- Design and develop customer utilities.
- Coordinate with Intranet and Internet programming teams to develop website interfaces.
- Maintain and upgrade Web servers based on Solaris, Linux, and Windows NT/2000.
- Assist other teams with issues related to Macintosh, Linux, and Solaris systems.
As an Assistant Professor I taught students in computer graphics, production, web design, and multimedia design. I also acted as a system administrator for computer labs and servers.
- Administer MacOS X Server (AppleShare, Netboot) and School of Art Macintosh client computers.
- Upgrading, troubleshooting, and testing the School of Art network.
- Instruct classes in Computer Graphics using QuarkXpress and Photoshop.
- Instruct classes in Multimedia Design using Macromedia Director and other software.
- Writing documentation and syllabi.
The challenge of bringing this early Internet Service Provider to the region was exciting. A good team highly focused on support, marketing, and sales allowed iAmerica to grow beyond expectations. My diverse skills were put to the test in a variety of projects for this fast paced company.
- Macintosh / Windows Technical Support and Macintosh / Windows Platform support.
- iAmerica Product Development, print, CD Rom, Web site, and software / server development.
- Web site Creative Direction, Project Management, and billing for iAmerica Web site clients.
- Server support and confguration for Windows NT based virtual Web servers.
- Back up administrative support for Windows NT based virtual mail servers.
I produced works ranging from logo and business marketing to radio, newspaper, and television advertising. Pearson Design also performed duties for various law firms for court presentations and accident recreation.
- Art direction, planning and execution of design projects for print, broadcast, and web delivery.
- 2d and 3d computer animation.
- Non-linear video editing and production.
- Accident recreation for court presentations using 2D visual aids, 3D and 2D animation, video, and sound.
- Coordinate with expert witnesses and engineers for accurate court presentations.
I have helped many companies and individuals with creative and technical problems since my adolescence. These solutions range from illustration, print and production design to highly interactive Websites and multimedia projects.
As a member of the Armed forces, I operated and maintained M1-A1 tanks and acted as Commanders Driver and unit artist.
I am skilled in various forms of creative media including drawing, photography, computer imaging, painting, and airbrushing. My design skills include graphic design tasks such as marker comping, typography, and pre-press production.
I am proficient managing simultaneous projects, maintaining good client communications, and keeping accurate billing records. I have worked well within creative teams and collaborated with programmers, designers, interns, and other production staff. I have trained users and clients, and I have instructed and graded students in a university setting. As a freelance creative contractor, I have developed and maintained systems that used for invoicing, time tracking, and project management.
I possess talents in creative production including Web Design and Programming, 3D Design and Rendering, nonlinear video editing, multimedia design and programming, CD/DVD/Video Mastering, and other duties using technology as a publishing medium. A list of production applications and techniques may be available by request.
I have compiled, installed and used several software packages in server environments using Linux, Solaris, and MacOS X. I have had prior experience with IIS, MSSQL server, PERL, PHP, and other software packages on Windows NT/2000.