Funroe a silly nickname for a place (Monroe & West Monroe, Louisiana) where I lived for a while. I met my wife, Caidy, there. I started my career there. I made good friends and had some great experiences there while surviving a mostly mundane existence. You could say this website represents the constant adventure of the ordinary.
This website is always an experiment. I’ve been doing Web work for over a decade ( Holy Cow! ), and I’ve been doing commercial art since I was 14 years old.
The Funroe Web site is:
- Web Home for Jess & Caidy Planck who reside in Houma, Louisiana about one hour southwest of New Orleans. So we can share our photos and stuff with friends and relatives across the miles.
- The sort of Office for Jess Planck’s creative work. I do some art, programming, and freelancing on occasion.
- A grand and futile experiment in Web design and programming. Most of the twisted projects done for my employers and clients are tested or incubated here.
The Funroe Web site is Not:
- A sandwich.
- A municipality or related to any similar named city or country.
- A Zine or Commercial Blog… although it may act like it.
- An agent for the U.S. Government or Michael Moore